What did YOU USE TO DO as a child? Tell me about it. Send your recording (use your mobile or Vacaroo) or writing to my email account.
- games you played
- TV programmes you watched
- Hobbies you did
- Music you liked
- Food you ate
- Food you didn’t like
- Fears (I used to be frightened of….)
- Professions you wanted to be?
- etc (anything you can think of!)
TELL ME AN ANECDOTE. You have two options:
A. Record your anecdote (use your mobile or Vacaroo.com)
B. Write your anecdote and send it to my email account.
REMEMBER TO USE SOME OF THE STRUCTURES FROM THE UNIT:
- Use the past simple tense.
- Use expressions to order the text: before…./ after…./ when…./ for + time expression (Eg for three weeks, for a month, for a moment)
- Use adjectives to say how you felt: annoyed, angry, foolish, sad, delighted, confused, etc
Anecdotes should use descriptive and evocative language. The vocabulary we have seen in this unit to talk about emotions is perfect.
Tell me an anecdote. Include the following:
*When and where it happened – *who was involved – *what happened (the key event) – *how did the person/people feel – *why – *how did it end
USE SOME OF THE FOLLOWING TO ORDER THE EVENTS:
To start with…/At first…/In the beginning…
After that…/What happened next was…/Then…
For a second…/For some time…/For a moment…
In the end…/Finally…/Eventually…(NOTE: “EVENTUALLY” DOES NOT MEAN EVENTUALMENTE”)
YOU MAY BEGIN AS YOU LIKE, BUT HERE ARE SOME IDEAS TO JOG YOUR MEMORY IN CASE YOU CAN’T THINK OF ANYTHING!
1. I had had the best day of my life! It was a sunny summer’s day and I’d arranged to meet some friends for a quiet picnic in the park….
2. I’d been studying hard all year and I was exhausted. The exams had been challenging and I was nervous about the results…..
3. The holiday of a lifetime … at least that’s what the advert had said. It all started to go wrong from the moment I stepped out of my front door…..
PREFERABLY: RECORD YOUR ANECDOTE ON YOUR MOBILE OR ON VOCAROO AND SEND IT TO ME FOR FEEDBACK.
ALTERNATIVELY, YOU COULD DO THIS ACTIVITY AS A WRITTEN TASK AND SEND IT TO ME FOR CORRECTION.
CLICK ON IMAGE TO GO TO EXPLANATION AND ACTIVITIES